Monday, January 01, 2007

Some Goals For 2007

I was about to post my traditional quote here, but I realized that Alienne has already done it more fully than I wanted to type in her Live Journal. Go read A Long December and just pretend that's my post, as I can echo every word of those sentiments exactly. It's December 26, 2006 as I write this, but this should be the first post of 2007 when I publish. Assuming I manage to wake up in 2007 at all. Nothing interesting here, but I wanted to post some goals so that I'd have something to talk about next year at this time. So here they are, in no particular order:
  • 50 stomach crunches per day by June
  • Find way to sync Google Calendar events and Remember The Milk tasks to Blackberry
  • More creativity - blog, podcast, photograph, just make something more often than I have been. Stop letting my brain atrophy just because I'm writing code for a living again.
  • More live poker - twice a month? maybe even once a week? - including my first live tournament not played at a kitchen table.
  • Find mental equilibrium.
  • More new music. More new books. Buy some comic books that I've downloaded and appreciate. Buy more mini-mates.
  • Get my passport. Find a reason to use it. Or at least go to Vegas.
Okay, that's a pretty scattered list. I'll probably think of some more over the next few days and may even add some updates. As it stands, the year has started out pretty bad, which is a good omen in my warped little mind. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hoping that things can only get better from here.

No comments: