Sunday, January 07, 2007

How Many Blogs Must I Stack Up

To wash you out of my mind, out of my consciousness? How many posts must I write up To bring you back the check fat off of my slenderness?*
You may have noticed the name change. Then again, maybe not. I'm not even sure that anyone cares. However, Cheating At Solitaire was/is the name of my long-neglected poker blog. I've been playing a bit more recently, and while I'm not sure that I'm likely to try writing about it again any time soon, I just can't stand to steal the URL from it. Anyway, the URL here has not changed. For better or worse, or at least for the time being, my online identity is designated by the now nearly-nonsensical string owenj23. The feed URL is also unchanged, although it is unlikely to stay that way long, as it seems somewhat ridiculous to leave CheatingAtSolitaire in the URL. I'm in the process of making some other changes that may not be immediately apparent. I've tagged several posts iotower, primarily the geek stuff about BlackBerry and Firefox. I've moved all these posts to a new blog, which I've named The I/O Tower because it's geeky, and I think that will allow me to find some pretty cool graphics with a little effort. Why am I moving them at all? Well, as with most things I do, it's a little bit of OCD and a lot of vanity. I was checking my Google Analytics stats the other day and discovered that seven (7) people found my Firefox post the other day via Google, as I'm somehow third on the query results for 'fast firefox'. As if this whole blog thing hasn't already gone to my head, I started to think that I might get readers or something. Of course, from the readers' POV, this blog kind of sucks. At least for me, the blogs I really like stay on topic, or at least on a tightly-bound range of topics. Not that I'm looking to be the next ScoBoingCrunch or anything, but it just seems natural to separate my tech fetish from the (depressingly mundane) updates about my life. For that matter, I expect most of my friends are really just curious about the new house or whether I've bought a car yet. This way they won't have to be exposed to Re-installing Firefox: The Multi-part Epic.** For the record, this is not the first time I've done this. I once had a post tagged NSFW (temporarily restored) before I decided that it would be better to segregate the sex, drugs and rock'n'roll to Every Seven Seconds. And I have big plans for MediaDada once I decide whether I'm playing with Vox or actually using it. I'm sure I've got a LiveJournal around here somewhere. And of course I've got several Google Reader linkblogs of various flavors... So what is that? Four... five? Six if you count the post or three I've put on MySpace, although the most recent one announces that I'm about 10 days from blowing up that account. Wow, when you put an integer on it like that, it seems like maybe I'm a little... sick? Unbalanced, perhaps. I'm starting to have second thoughts about that zombie blog I wanted to create... * With apologies to Soul Coughing. ** Seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

FWIW, I prefer everything in one place so I don't have to go dearching all over for your posts. Since you brought it up.