Thursday, December 28, 2006

Feed Frenzy

I switched my feed to Feedburner yesterday, mostly because I'd heard a lot about the site and wanted an excuse to check it out. If you are already subscribed to the RSS or Atom feed, I'd appreciate it if you would re-subscribe by clicking the big orange icon here (for those of you with Firefox 2 or some other kind of in-browser subscription) or changing the feed URL to http://www.feedburner.com/ if you prefer to do it the old-fashioned way. [Ed. Note: I'm changing my feed name RSN, so don't follow any of those instructions if you have not already. I'll update this with a link to the relevant post as soon as the switchover is complete.] And if you're still reading my blog by actually coming to the site... well, why? I can give you step-by-step instructions on how to set up Google Reader if you'd like. About half my readership wouldn't be here if I hadn't already converted them. In other bloggish news, I've got my first frequent commenter. Of course, around here two comments means you are downright eloquent, ant fortunately it doesn't take much to excite me. (It was the best-est Cwissmass ever!") Anyway, Chasmyn pointed out:
Stinking 2.0.1 won't work on my Mac...but I followed your other instructions. We shall see.
I should have mentioned that the config.trim_on_minimize may not have any effect on a Mac. Then again, you usually don't have to worry nearly so much about memory leaks under OSX as you do with Windows, so it's kind of a wash. Restarting the browser is still a good bet, however, and I can find the session restore extension for Firefox 1.5 if you're interested. I'm curious why the new build doesn't work for you, however. If you want to go for a comment hat-trick, let me know the details. Also, let me know if you ever got a feed set up for your blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I emailed you the link to my feed :)