Friday, December 01, 2006

Tiltmore Hotel Photos

There comes a time in every blogger's life when it's time to grow up and write your first I'm-About-To-Buy-A-House post. I told a couple of people that I'd have these images posted Wednesday night, but I had underestimated my ability to take really terrible interior photos. These Google queries have lead me to believe that both the Madness and CSN titles have been way overdone for this particular flavor of personal blog post. Instead I went with the more obscure Six Flags reference. in honor of the slightly queasy angles I managed to capture in most of these photos. I hope the clever captioning and a little of Picasa's "I'm Feeling Lucky" button makes up for the two day wait and possibility of induced vertigo. A few notes to myself for the next time I go through the house-buying process:
  • Borrow decent camera, take pictures after finishing coffee
  • Pre-approved to sign paperwork in reverse
  • Make more money
  • "Blackmail is such an ugly word. I prefer to call it threatening to reveal the results of my inspection unless you drop the price or fix stuff."
  • Set closing date for wife's birthday (anniversary or Valentine's Day would work as well) to save shopping time.
  • [Updated 2006-12-01 10:35pm] Never let emotions affect your dealing with barracuda, lasagna, and realtors.
  • [Updated 2006-12-01 11:15pm] Don't tell anyone you're pregnant before the second trimester.
  • [Updated 2006-12-07 11:37pm] That was a metaphor, people. I was merely implying that the deal could still fall apart. So far as I know, we are closing 2006-12-20 and no one is pregnant.
As this process is on-going, I reserve the right to add or remove items from this list.

No comments: