Thursday, October 19, 2006

Zombie Hordes Invade St. Louis

I consider myself an ally of The Zombie Squad if not an actual member - nothing against them, I'm just not much of a joiner. I feel that I need to preserve my freedom in case there is ever a need for a lunatic fringe in the zombie awareness community, as I truthfully excel at paranoid conspiracy theories over actual preparation and honest work. This should not be taken to imply, however, that I do not admire their work. For instance, I'm a big fan of orange drink and cookies, which is why I always love a good blood drive. However, I'm not sure that I'll be able to donate on Nov 4; I had my tongue pierced in Februarya and I don't know how long that causes me to be disqualified. For these reasons (and perhaps because one Halloween per year is never enough dress-up for me) I'm planning on joining their Zombie Mob down in The Loop this Saturday. Yes, that's October 21, and yes, we have tickets to The Dresden Dolls show later that evening. But I can always change if I need to, and I'm not sure I don't like the idea of going to a concert dressed as a zombie. There's also going to be a Zombie Pub Crawl later that night, so if I don't feel drunk enough by the end of the show I might try to catch up with that. I've been looking at the Zombie Costume article on Halloween365 and the Zombies Invade San Francisco! Flickr photoset for ideas, and I think I've finally settled on throwing together a "zombie surgeon" costume tomorrow evening/Saturday afternoon. Lauren on Halloween365 was making the point that any clothes could be used:
When the Zompocalypse comes, zombies will be created that were ready for cheerleading practice, attending a business meeting, and especially while working in a medical facility of any kind.
Of course, I love any sentence that starts, "When the Zompocalypse comes," but the last part made me recall the piles of scrubs Alice has brought home on the days that work gets a little messier than usual for her. I don't expect that the make-up and fake blood are going to be very expensive, and I think this part (again from Lauren) sounds fun:
So the first step is to rip up your outfit. Put your entire outfit on as you will wear it (i.e.- if you have multiple layers, don’t wear/rip them separately). Think of how you might have become a zombie to decide where/how to distress your clothing. Come up with a whole storyline to really sell your costume.
If anyone else is interested (or even reads this - see the Quick Quiz last entry) let me know. It would probably be fun - practically an RPG with props - to make a bunch of costumes at once. Of course, it pretty much has to be Friday night or Saturday around noon that we make this happen. Is there any sort of notice besides short? [Ed. Note - I didn't make it, because I'm a lamer, and because I read this "How To Look Like A Zombie" article that Jawbreaker sent me and decided it sounded like more than I could handle by myself. Turns out that Staniel was going, so if I'd cast a wider net I might have ended up there after all. It's a shame I hate bothering people so much with this "communication" bull-shit. I think maybe they should just read my blog more often.]

1 comment:

Topher said...

I actually still have a bruise makeup kit and a container of tooth black out.